It will be a cold day in Hell when I look to the majority to tell me how to feel about my body.
I DON’T CARE
I am 230-240ish lbs (you can tell I pay attention to the scale so much!) and 5’9”. I’m female, and I don’t care if you don’t like it. I don’t care if you moo, or think I’m ugly, or hate fat people or “I’m killing myself waaaah.” especially when I exercise, eat alright (Probably too much but eh.) and keep in touch with my doctor.
Oh, You like fat people? Good for you!
You don’t? Good for you! There’s the door, have a good life somewhere else.
I don’t NEED your pity, I’m not looking for you validation, I’m not seeking out your stares, y’all are the ones who are making a big deal out of something that isn’t your business. You don’t think I’m attractive? That’s fine! Go look at people who are attractive to you, there are plenty; 88% of the time if you tell me you think I look unattractive, chances are I don’t think you are either. (I won’t date women under 180lbs.) Please don’t suggest diet types or tips like the Food Pyramid’s version of Jehovah’s Witnesses, just go about your day. I eat what I like when I want to, if I want your opinion I will politely ask for it.
If you’re skinny and you’re happy, cool! I’m really glad for you, congrats! I’m Fat and I’m happy (no not curvy or ‘hefty’ or whatever I’m I-Like-Pie FAT) and until I’m ready to change, I’m going to be happy with who I am. It’s alright if you don’t like it, but just, I dunno, go about your day and enjoy your life and just leave me to enjoy mine.
Other things to Remember:
- Please don’t be rude to anyone, it’s terrible.
- Being heavy does not GUARANTEE you will get diabetes or heart disease any more than drinking alcohol will give you liver problems. It’s a crapshoot of genetics, situation, types of consumption and other variables. I run the risk knowing what it is, no need to tell me.
- Please don’t assume someone who is overweight is unhappy with their weight or overly happy with their weight—encourage people to do what makes them happy! If they want to lose weight, good for them! They don’t? Good for them!
- People who are very skinny don’t always have eating disorders! Some people have slow/fast metabolisms!
- Some people who are fat DO have over-eating disorders. (no need to tag anything, but do keep it in mind, they could be fighting a battle you can’t see!)
- "Body Positive" doesn’t happen overnight! If you don’t like something and want to change it, do so! But keep in mind that you have good qualities too along with things you need to work on (your personality, your sense of humor ect.)
- Sometimes, you need to cut people out of your life that are negative. This applies to both skinny or fat people, anyone who drags you down or makes you feel embarrassed or humiliate for being yourself. That hurts a lot, but it’s okay, in the long run, getting rid of disgusting people who are shallow with terrible attitudes, makes you feel better. Don’t try fix people, just get them out of your way.
- Be yourself, love yourself, and have a happy life.
I love this post. Also, I keep seeing the dumb asses in here post that “we” are paying some sort of “fat tax” supposedly? When did that come into play? Should I look for that on my w-2 forms?